This is absolutely delicious, but with Oreos, caramel, peanuts, and cream cheese (to name a few!) on the ingredient list, it’s definitely a dish where the ‘less is more’ principle must be applied.
By Eleanor Jones
This recipe needs to begin with a disclaimer – serve in VERY small slices.
- 24 chocolate cream Oreo biscuits
- 4tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Snickers bars
- 750g cream cheese
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- 1 bottle caramel sauce
- Large handful of salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees, and line a springform cake tin with tin foil.
- Smash Oreos into breadcrumb sized pieces.
- Melt butter and add to Oreo crumbs.
- Stir until combined and press into an even layer in the pan.
- Bake your base for 10 minutes until set, then remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Chop up Snickers bars and layer across the base.
- Place a roasting tin filled with one inch of hot water on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and stir in the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, followed by the vanilla and cornstarch.
- Pour the filling over the crust and Snickers, and put your cheesecake into the water bath to cook for 50-55 minutes (the edges will be set, but the centre will retain a slight wobble).
- Allow cheesecake to cool, and then leave in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to become firm.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with salted peanuts.
- Serve (and try not to develop diabetes!)
Eleanor Jones is an editorial assistant and writer by day, and a serial sugar junkie by night. A committed vegetarian, her posts are a mostly a mixture of tasty veggie treats and seriously decadent bakes. When she’s not cooking, Eleanor can be found watching old movies, cooing over expensive dresses, and searching the internet for pictures of animals in hilarious costumes. Her blog, mademoisellie, revolves around life, love and most importantly, food, in London.