This is absolutely delicious, but with Oreos, caramel, peanuts, and cream cheese (to name a few!) on the ingredient list, it’s definitely a dish where the ‘less is more’ principle must be applied.
By Eleanor Jones
This recipe needs to begin with a disclaimer – serve in VERY small slices.
- 24 chocolate cream Oreo biscuits
- 4tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Snickers bars
- 750g cream cheese
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- 1 bottle caramel sauce
- Large handful of salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees, and line a springform cake tin with tin foil.
- Smash Oreos into breadcrumb sized pieces.
- Melt butter and add to Oreo crumbs.
- Stir until combined and press into an even layer in the pan.
- Bake your base for 10 minutes until set, then remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Chop up Snickers bars and layer across the base.
- Place a roasting tin filled with one inch of hot water on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and stir in the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, followed by the vanilla and cornstarch.
- Pour the filling over the crust and Snickers, and put your cheesecake into the water bath to cook for 50-55 minutes (the edges will be set, but the centre will retain a slight wobble).
- Allow cheesecake to cool, and then leave in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to become firm.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with salted peanuts.
- Serve (and try not to develop diabetes!)