This chilled tomato soup gets some heat from the fresno pepper for a simple dish with a kick.
By Rachel Crawford
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2-3 large yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 fresno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Splash of vinegar
- Olive oil
- Add vegetables to a food processor with a splash of vinegar and olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust vinegar, salt and pepper as necessary
- Pass soup through a fine meshed sieve, press on solids to extract all the juice.
Rachel is a lover of vegetables and an avid home cook. She has catered parties, participated in cook-offs, hosted elaborate supper clubs, and volunteered with Slow Food teaching elementary school kids about seasonal food and how to cook. Recently, she left her full-time job as a branding consultant to spend more time in the kitchen. Her personal blog, madeweekly.tumblr.com, focuses on one seasonal ingredient every week, with a new recipe each day. She can also be found on kitchensurfing.com, a new site that allows anyone to search for and hire personal chefs online. Rachel studied acting at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, and has lived in New York, NY for almost 12 years, which means she can officially call herself a New Yorker.