Sip something fun this summer and relax with Portugal’s Casal Garcia wines. Fun enough for a gathering and versatile enough to pair with easy patio meals.
Need a perfect picnic pairing? Whip up this refreshing citrus salad doused in a white wine vinaigrette and lounge in the sun with the rest of the bottle of wine.
Picnicking is one of my favorite summer activities and I’m always dreaming up simple healthy recipes to bring to the park. This citrus salad gets a fresh pop with a Casal Garcia Vinho Verde. Vinho Verde is a beautifully light, slightly effervescent Portuguese white blend, perfect for pairing with my citrus salad. This recipe only requires two teaspoons of Casal Garcia Vinho Verde, so enjoy the rest of the bottle while you lounge in the sun.
Celebrate summer with a refreshing poke bowl video recipe that pairs perfectly with Casal Garcia’s crisp wines.
- 4 large grapefruits
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 to matillos
- 1/4 roasted skin on peanuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Casal Garcia Vinho Verde
- A pinch of salt to taste
- Remove grapefruit skin and pith with a knife
- Alice grapefruit into 1? rounds
- Add grapefruit to a large bowl
- Slice tomatillos into 1? slices, add to bowl
- Use a potato peeler to peel cucumber into long ribbons, add ribbons to bowl
- Ross peanuts into bowl, set aside
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a small shaker bottle and shake till well combined (1 minute)
- Pour dressing over salad and arrange salad on a serving platter
- Pair with Casal Garcia Vinho Verde
- Truly enjoy
Hi friends my name is Celeste Wilson, I'm a nurse, recipe developer, food stylist, food photographer, blogger, and influencer chronicling a plant based lifestyle. My recipes creatively showcase plant based cuisine from my perspective as both a registered nurse and a healthy food lover. I aim to inspire plant based eating without a strict vegan or meat shaming agenda, life is short, eat what makes you happy. Residing in sunny Los Angeles California, home of the year round avocado