Sip something fun this summer and relax with Portugal’s Casal Garcia wines. Fun enough for a gathering and versatile enough to pair with easy patio meals.
Ball a juicy melon, add herbs, mozzarella and head outside to devour the fruit salad with a glass of cool white wine in hand.
Do you have a favorite kitchen utensil? My gut reaction is to choose the serrated knife. It cuts tomatoes, which is essential. Next would be my wooden cutting board, lemon juice which is not a utensil but still makes the list, and melon ballers. Just LOOK at those melon balls! There’s something about eating round melon that’s much, much better than eating square melon. Like drinking out of a glass cup or eating in a trendy restaurant. It shouldn’t affect the taste, but it does.
Now that it’s summer, my diet consists of almost nothing but fruit and wine. I’ve given up trying to figure out how many pounds of cherries I’m eating a week. It’s more than three, probably six, and I’m not exaggerating. And the wine! Over the winter I got used to drinking reds, but now that the weather’s warmed up we’re back to whites.
?Here we’re drinking my absolute favorite Casal Garcia Vinho Verde. It’s fresh, crisp, tasty. You know, the good stuff. We grabbed a bottle and this melon salad and brought everything out on the back porch to enjoy the clear skies and watch the dogs wrestle. The melon salad is too easy – simply mix a few simple ingredients like basil and mozzarella together and chill until you’re ready to serve. It pairs perfectly with the wine and summer nights!
Celebrate summer with a refreshing poke bowl video recipe that pairs perfectly with Casal Garcia’s crisp wines.
- 1 cantaloupe cubed or balled
- 1 honeydew melon cubed or balled
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 8 ounces mozzarella balls
- 4 green onion sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil chopped, for garnish
- Casal Garcia wine for serving
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, white balsamic and salt. In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together both melon, blackberry, mozzarella and green onion. Chill until serving.
- Drizzle with dressing just before serving. Serve with Casal Garcia wine.
Recipe developer, food photographer and the blogger behind "Drool-Worthy."