They’re soft, made with olive oil, and just sweet enough. Whip up a batch of these white chocolate muffins for a perfect snack or breakfast to-go.
These soft muffins are perfect for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack. Made with high quality organic ingredients free they are free from unrefined ingredients. My Italian twist is a mild, high-quality extra virgin olive oil instead of butter (for very soft and lighter small cakes).
- 200 g 7 oz organic white Farro flour (or Kamut) flour
- 100 g 3½ oz organic brown rice flour
- 15 g ½oz/¼cup organic baking powder
- 1 tbsp organic 'Bourbon' vanilla powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100 ml 3½ fl oz organic brown rice milk
- 50 ml 2 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp organic honey
- 1 large organic free range eggs
- 150 g 9 oz high quality white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Combine the flours, baking powder, vanilla, pinch of salt and set aside.
- Mix brown rice milk, olive oil and honey with the egg. Slowly pour the liquid ingredients over dry. Add the white chocolate.
- Pour the dough into special molds for muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until set.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.