Have a few ripe avocados on your hands? Make this. In minutes you could be snacking on this avocado dip loaded with lime juice and protein from the white beans.
In a last ditch effort to prevent a bunch of ripe avocados from going to waste, I smashed my them with fresh lime juice, white beans, and cilantro. Generous dashes of cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper bring out the scrumptious flavors of this White Bean Avocado Dip.
The best part of all is that no blender is needed. No food processor. Just a fork. Just mash everything together with your handy dandy fork and serve it up with tortilla chips.
It literally takes minutes to toss this wicked good dip together. It’s almost like guacamole but with mounds of protein.
- 3 small or 2 large, ripe avocadoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 can ( oz) white beans, drained but not rinsed
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and smash together with a fork until semi-smooth and still somewhat chunky. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips, or bread.
- Place cling wrap directly over any leftover dip to seal out air and place in fridge.