A great snack if roasted until crispy or a perfect winter salad topping, these spicy chickpeas loaded with protein will keep you fueled.
By Blandine Wilcox
This recipe makes for lovely nibbles: chickpeas rolled in spices and roasted in the oven. We also love these as salad or soup toppings, a nice addition to any winter dish, really.
Spicy Roasted ChickpeasBlandine Wilcox
- 400 g 14 ounces cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- A good pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. (392F)
- Place the chickpeas in a large tea towel and rub them in it, in order to dry them and remove any skin that would come off.
- Place them on a large baking tray covered with baking paper. Sprinkle the spices and the salt and mix with your hands to cover to ensure the chickpeas are covered in spices.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25min. Take out of the oven and leave to cool down. Keeps 2-3 days in an air-tight jar.
Food Moods aims at sharing wholesome and seasonal recipes and promoting a healthy lifestyle. Find inspiration for nourishing and tasty meals. For daily updates, follow our Instagram page @food_moods