This Roasted Cauliflower Bowl is filled chickpeas, sprouts, and arugula. Topping it with a creamy dressing and brazil nuts for a perfect vegetarian meal.
I love doing a quick roast of whatever vegetables I have lying around and then tossing them in a bowl with chickpeas and a creamy dressing. Top with nuts to really take it over the top.
This Roasted Cauliflower Bowl uses Romanesco which is seriously the coolest vegetable ever. It’s so pretty. Romanesco is a member of the brassica family and is similar to broccoli. It looks and tastes like a cross between cauliflower and broccoli.
If you see this gem in your local market, snatch it up while you can. It’s great roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Use it in pasta dishes, crudite platters or pickle it!
I packed my Roasted Cauliflower Bowl with all things green (and red). I used fresh arugula from my garden (woo hoo), sprouts, Thai basil, chickpeas, and radishes.
I used creamy caesar dressing but I also love it with my turmeric tahini dressing. You can find the recipe for that here.
Vegetarian Roasted Cauliflower BowlKaren Kelly
- 1 head of romanesco or cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sprouts
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp brazil nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- Dressing see link above for the recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chopped romanesco on a sheet pan and drizzle with one tbsp of olive oil. Top with salt and pepper and mix well with hands.
- Roast for about 12 minutes, stirring once.
- When romanesco is done place all ingredients in a bowl. Top with creamy dressing recipe linked above.
I am a blogger, photographer, recipe developer and mom. With three kids keeping me busy, I am always looking for easy, healthy dishes that can be prepared quickly.