PARTNER POST — TrySwedish Thursdays is a culinary collaboration between TrySwedish, West Sweden, Gothenburg and Sweden’s most famous and loved cheese Västerbottensost®. Discover the edible delights of the land.
Spring onions, yogurt, and avocado combine with salty Swedish cheese crisps for a tasty warm weather soup. Serve this pureed soup as a first course at your next dinner party or holiday gathering.
Have you ever cooked with the cheese Västerbottensost? If not, now is the time to give it a try because there is truly nothing quite like it. Made in Sweden, the cheese has a unique history, read more about it here.
- 80 cl (27 fluid ounces) Greek yoghurt
- 4 ripe avocados
- 65 g (2.3 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 chopped spring onions (adjust to taste preference)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (adjust to taste preference)
- 40 cl (13.5 fluid ounces) mineral water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) grated Västerbottensost
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and cut into small pieces. Blend all the ingredients in a jug and mix to a smooth soup using a hand blender. Adjust spring onions, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the cheese on a piece of baking paper and bake in 225 C (435F )oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese takes on a golden color. Leave to cool and break into pieces. Serve alongside soup.
Lindsey Olsson Shamshoian
A.V. OLSSON TRADING CO., INC.
VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
T: +1 203-969-2090 | M: +1 203-253-3738