Beware Girl Scouts, this samoa ice cream cake tastes just like the cookie, and it’s no bake. A cinnamon graham cracker crust holds chocolate ganache, toasted coconut, and ice cream for a tasty, cool treat.
By Mariah Mercurio
This ice cream cake is sooo good! It tastes just like the real thing. It is basically a giant samoa cookie with the added bonus of ice cream and a graham cracker crust… what could be better than that?!
Oh and its no bake. Say hello to year round cookie season!
First up is graham cracker. Cinnamon graham crackers…which are mixed with a whole lot of butter. Everyone needs butter in their life because butter makes all things good. Next, is the ice cream. I’ve made this cake with vanilla ice cream, cookie dough ice cream, and my personal favorite; SAMOA ICE CREAM. I stumbled across that little gem a couple weeks ago and am still trying to convince myself to put down the spoon. Today is not that day my friends. It doesn’t matter which kind of ice cream you use because they all are amazing. You could even use chocolate….my hubby can’t stand the thought of chocolate ice cream so it has been banished from my freezer. But if you do give it a try, let me know how it goes.
After you spread ice cream all over the graham cracker crust, top with a little toasted coconut. Next just melt caramel with some condensed milk. Drizzle melted caramel mixture over the ice cream and a little chocolate ganache. Freeze for a couple hours and indulge. This is what makes this samoa ice cream cake to die for! It is so chewy and sticks in your teeth in such a great way. It is so good, my husband loves this cake and eagerly ate more than half.
One tip for this cake is to use a spring form pan. It makes everything easier. The whole part about stopping after one slice of this cake…not so easy.
Want more cool treats for warm weather? Try this Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Pie.
- 1½ Cups Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crumbs (I used 12 full graham crackers)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- ½ Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream, slightly softened.
- 2 Cups Sweetened Coconut, toasted
- 10-12 Carmel Cubes (I used Kraft)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, salt, and brown sugar. Mix well. Pour in melted butter and mix with a wooden spoon or a fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the graham cracker mixture into the prepared springform pan. Make sure to press the graham crackers down so that the crust is as compact as possible. I used the bottom of a glass to press mine down. Freeze for an hour or until set.
- Spread the softened ice cream over the prepared crust. Top with toasted coconut. Place the pan back in the freezer while you prepare the toppings.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the caramel cubes with the sweetened condensed milk on medium power in 30 second intervals, stirring frequently until the caramel is fully melted. Drizzle over the ice cream cake.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips with the heavy cream, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and warm. Drizzle over the ice cream cake. Return the cake to the freezer for 4-6 hours or until firm.
Hi! I am Mariah. Wife, mommy, and food addict. In my kitchen you will find that everything is made with love and creativity. I am a lover of all carbs and anything white chocolate or raspberry. I am still trying to find my balance of healthy dishes and sweet eats!