Looking for a juicy, refreshing salad complete with protein? Look no further. Loaded with fruit, radicchio and tofu, this salad has it all.
This salad is particularly juicy because of table grapes that makes it really special.?You can replace the grapes, when no longer in season, with apples, pears or pineapples. Radicchio dampens the sweetness of the fruit, balancing the flavors.
Tofu adds protein and becomes delicious with this simple and quick vinaigrette.
- 100 g 3½oz natural tofu
- 2 radicchio
- 150 g 5 oz black (or white) grapes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and dried the tofu, blanch for 3 minutes. Still drained the tofu, cut into strips (or cubes), and cooked in a pan for five minutes on each side with a little oil. Once golden, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Wash and cut the radicchio, grapes and arrange in a serving dish. Add the tofu.
- Quickly emulsified oil with honey, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the remaining ingredients, stir and serve.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.