Enter this version of Thai chicken.. but in a not so typical but oh-so-fun package- a tortilla!
By Amber Massey
I cooked my chicken up in the crock pot (threw in about 3 breasts, frozen, with about 1 cup of chicken broth and a good sprinkle of garlic powder), but you could easily use a store bought rotisserie chicken instead.
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup sweet chili dipping sauce
- The juice of one lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- !Cucumber Salsa
- 2 Roma tomatoes (about 1 cup), chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- In a medium skillet, combine chicken, chili sauce, lime juice, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until warmed through. In medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the cucumber salsa, toss gently and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Serve Thai chicken tacos wrapped in a tortilla and topped with cucumber salsa and chopped peanuts.