So easy to make and so delicious, you’ve got to try this and feel the rush and the power of making your very own homemade marmalade.
By Priya Mahadevan
So easy to make and so delicious, you've got to try this and feel the rush and the power of making your very own homemade marmalade.
Author: Priya Mahadevan
Recipe Type: Side
- 12-14 good sized tangerines, pitted
- 1 cup of White Sugar
- 1cup of sugar in the raw
- ¾ -1 cup of orange blossom honey
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1tsp orange essence
- Wash tangerines thoroughly and dab dry with paper towel or kitchen towel.
- Soak in the honey for about 30 minutes.
- Peel them in such a way that you get some big pieces that can then later be cut.
- Cut the orange sideways to reveal the wheel. For pitting it, I took a blunt knife and simply ferreted out the seeds.
- Chop the tangerines slices roughly.
- Strain the juice and keep separate.
- In a large 5 or 6 quart pot, add the sugars and the juice and allow it to thin .
- Once it gets a syrupy consistency, add the tangerine pieces and honey and the rinds.
- Allow this to simmer for about 20-40 minutes or until you see the jam thickening to the preferred consistency. This would be the time to grate the nutmeg into the pot and stir.
- Cool and store in Jars.