Seasonal flavors served as a single bite make for a vibrant starter or a delicious component in a tapas dinner.
By Shuchi Mittal
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchoor)
- ¾ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry ginger powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cream cheese to garnish
- Par-boil the sweet potato till it’s almost cooked.
- Put it on a skewer and roast it over an open flame for 10-15 minutes, till its charred on the outside and cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Peel and cut into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients and serve on appetizer spoons with a dollop of cream cheese.
Shuchi cooks with the heart of a poet. Banker turned chef, she runs the 29. Private Kitchen in NYC focusing on social tasting events, dining experiences and small-scale private events. Using simple & wholesome ingredients, she likes to re-invent homemade Indian flavors into modern tapas & small plates. Her dream? To cook, feed, write, and eventually open her own communal dining cafe - with a published recipe book on the stands.