Sometimes you need a quick and simple – but delicious – dessert fix. This chocolate cake certainly fits the bill.
By Manar Magdy
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 cup softened butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 2½ cup flour
- ½ cup high quality unsweetened cocoa
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 340F.
- Grease and flour 2 tube pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa with a pitch of salt.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the butter with sugar until it turns fluffy and white.
- Add eggs gradually, while continuing to mix.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Add flour gradually to the liquid mixture and stir till the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into pans and bake for 35 minutes.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil, then gradually pour over chocolate chips, while stirring continuously until the chocolate is dissolved and turned into a paste.
- Let the paste cool slightly, and then pour over the cakes.
Manar Magdy is a food blogger and editor that holds a diploma in nutrition, health and diet science. She loves cooking and sharing her recipes, something that pushed her to create a blog and start writing and sharing recipes over the internet.