This gorgeously looking bread, filled with rosemary, feta cheese and sundried tomatoes, brings the smells and flavors of the Mediterranean right into your own home.
By Jehanne Ali
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 10g instant yeast
- 10g salt
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- a large handful rosemary leaves- chopped
- a glug of olive oil
- Egg wash as needed
- In a stand mixer with dough hook, combine the bread flour with the remaining ingredients except plain flour.
- Knead slowly and add in the plain flour, just enough to form elastic tacky dough.
- Keep dough in greased bowl until doubles in size.
- Punch down the air after dough has bulked up, and roll to form 2 rectangles. You have an option of chilling half of the dough until later use.
- Sprinkle the top with feta cheese, rosemary, sun dried tomato and drizzle of olive oil.
- Roll tightly, and slit the dough all the way lengthwise. ( refer to pic above).
- Twist the log and coil inward to form a wreath, combining both ends together.
- Brush top with egg wash.
- Bake at preheated oven of 395F for 12-14 minutes.
Jehanne is an enthusiastic baker, food blogger, mother and wife all in one. She swaps her scalpel from her day job as a doctor to kitchen utensils in the evening and creates magical treatment of healthy treats for her family, which she shares in her blog, The Cooking Doctor. She is a firm advocate of healthy eating and always believes that honest and healthy food will steer you clear from the doctors.