Pressed for time? Then make these delightful and super simple strawberry pancakes.
By Deena Wachtel
- 1½ cups flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup non-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- ¼ cup strawberries, diced small
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Toss in diced strawberries until coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter, egg and jam. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- On a hot skillet melt some more butter and dollop the pancake batter by the tablespoon full. Let set and flip when the bubbles on the surface break through. Cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle on confectioner's sugar (pixie dust) and serve with a smile.
Deena is a stay at home foodie, obsessed with food and intent on changing her finicky family into a foodie family. She lives by a set of FOODosophies and has pledged to get her kids into the kitchen to teach them how to cook and love good tasting food. It's not always pretty and there are nights when the kids go hungry. But, for her, it's all for the greater good. She blogs daily at stayathomeFOODIE.com.