Yes, yes, yes! These brownies are simply amazing, and richly flavored with cocoa and fresh strawberries, and oh-so-fudgy good.
They’re completely oil-free, sugar-free, flour-free, and gluten-free, and of course, deliciously vegan. I hope you adore them as much as we do. xo
Strawberry and Date Brownies
- Yield: 0 Makes about 24-30 (1 1/2-inch) brownies 1x
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 20 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (rinsed, and patted dry, divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Into the bowl of a food processor (I use a large Cuisinart), add oats, cocoa, and baking powder. Process for a few seconds. Add banana, dates, and 2 cups of the strawberries, and vanilla. (Save the final cup of berries for the top.)
- Process until the mixture is well combined.
- Remove bowl and blade from the base. Divide batter evenly, filling either a silicone brownie-bites pan or a nonstick miniature muffin pan. (I had enough batter to fill 30 sections, so I needed to use 2 pans.)
- Use the remaining cup of berries to dot the top of the brownies. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until almost completely firm.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool, and enjoy!
Vicki Brett-Gach is a food writer, recipe developer, cooking instructor, Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator, and Certified Personal Chef. She specializes in simple, low-fat, heart-healthy plant-based nutrition, and writes, coaches, teaches, and blogs about delicious vegan food. Find more of Vicki’s recipes on her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com.
Don’t make it! Turned out goopy and honestly kind of gross. Banana is completely overpowering.
I’m so sorry to hear that the banana was overpowering for you. Perhaps if you used a banana that was a little less ripe it would suit you better. We love these at my house and cannot make them fast enough. : )
Thank you for sharing your experience. In our house we can’t make these fast enough! Sounds like banana and chocolate aren’t your thing. I wonder if you used a banana that wasn’t as ripe if it might have suited your tastebuds more.
I had frozen strawberries so sliced them, still had good size pieces in the brownies. I liked the final product, like chocolate covered strawberries. I added two tablespoons of whole wheat flour as the batter looked wet. Don’t know if it was really needed. Recipe made more than I expected. I’ll make this again and want to try it with cherries
So glad you enjoyed these! Thank you for sharing! : )