Easy and healthy strawberry chia pudding – an occasional treat to satisfy any sweet cravings. The miraculous seed is rich in omega-3’s and helps to build muscle, too.
By Shannon Lim
All the health food sites are raving about chia seeds – the miraculous seed that has a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid, helps build muscle and lowers cholesterol. I started using chia seeds about 2 years ago, sprinkling them on my big breakfast oats and smoothies. I always adopt the philosophy of moderation, regardless whether it’s super food or not.
Strawberry chia pudding as an occasional treat? Why not? It is an easy & yummy dessert. Mix, blend, chill, eat. Don’t like strawberries? Replace with your favourite fruits. 2 tablespoon of this healthy chia pudding is good to satisfy my dessert cravings.
- 4 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1.5 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any milk of choice. I use homemade Almond Milk)
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries – halved
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract – optional
- Mix chia seeds, almond milk, honey and vanilla essence in a container or jar, chill for at least 1 hour. Use a whisk or fork to mix well to prevent the chia seeds from clumping together.
- Puree strawberries in processor and chill.
- To serve, scoop alternately the chia mixture and strawberry puree to make swirl designs.