Easy and healthy strawberry chia pudding – an occasional treat to satisfy any sweet cravings. The miraculous seed is rich in omega-3’s and helps to build muscle, too.
By Shannon Lim
All the health food sites are raving about chia seeds – the miraculous seed that has a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid, helps build muscle and lowers cholesterol. I started using chia seeds about 2 years ago, sprinkling them on my big breakfast oats and smoothies. I always adopt the philosophy of moderation, regardless whether it’s super food or not.
Strawberry chia pudding as an occasional treat? Why not? It is an easy & yummy dessert. Mix, blend, chill, eat. Don’t like strawberries? Replace with your favourite fruits. 2 tablespoon of this healthy chia pudding is good to satisfy my dessert cravings.
- 4 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1.5 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any milk of choice. I use homemade Almond Milk)
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries – halved
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract – optional
- Mix chia seeds, almond milk, honey and vanilla essence in a container or jar, chill for at least 1 hour. Use a whisk or fork to mix well to prevent the chia seeds from clumping together.
- Puree strawberries in processor and chill.
- To serve, scoop alternately the chia mixture and strawberry puree to make swirl designs.
Shannon's kitchen is her playground and creative outlet, where she loves to experiment with recipes. As a Malaysian, her food influences are mainly Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine but her curiousity in other culture lead to cross cultural cooking. On her blog JustAsDelish.com, she pursue her mission in creating healthy and delish food.