A delicious, impressive and no fuss dessert to wow your guests with at your next dinner party.
By Jennifer Donoghue
Looking for a delicious dessert that is impressive, easy to assemble and something you can prepare ahead for your next dinner party? Well, I’ve got you covered with these delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits!
Not only do they look adorable, they are easy to put together and can chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to wow your guests. And if you don’t feel like going to the trouble of making the crumble feel free to substitute in crushed biscuits as they are delicious either way.
- STRAWBERRY SYRUP:
- 150g of caster sugar
- 60ml of water
- 4 large strawberries, diced
- ⅓ cup of plain flour
- 60g of butter, chopped
- 2 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 tbs of white sugar
- 3 tbs of rolled oats
- 2 tbs of flaked almonds
- MACERATED STRAWBERRIES:
- 400g of strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 2 tsp of Cointreau (optional)
- 400g of cream cheese
- 250g of mascarpone cheese
- Strawberry syrup
- Begin by making the crumble. Preheat the oven to 180 celsius (350 fahrenheit). In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine all of the ingredients and turn on to the lowest speed. Mix until the butter resembles the size of peas. Pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool and use your fingers to crumble the mixture. Store in a container until ready to use.
- For the strawberries combine the sliced strawberries, sugar and cointreau in a bowl and cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- To make the strawberry syrup place a smal saucepan over a medium heat and add the sugar and water and stir until the sugar is disolved. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the strawberries. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to infuse before blending in a food processor.
- To make the cheesecake place the cream cheese, mascarpone and strawberry syrup in a food processor and process until smooth.
- To assemble alternately layer the macerated strawberries (along with some of the syrup from the strawberries) with the cheesecake mixture followed by the crumble mixture ending with the cheesecake mixture. Top with extra strawberries to decorate.
- Serve immediately if you’d like the crumble to remain crunchy.