Dare we say it is never too hot in the kitchen to avoid making brownies? Check out these stout beer brownies with a seriously decedent Irish cream ganache.
Let me tell you, I was expecting these brownies to be good, but they are serious business. The dense brownie batter will remind you of a flourless chocolate cake. The glossy ganache is made with IRISH CREAM, so yes, it tastes like whiskey, cream and chocolate. It’s fabulous.
Bake them now, bake them all year long, but be sure to Pin this recipe so you can make them special for St. Patrick’s Day.
Stout Beer Brownies with GanacheRebekah Hubbard
- 6 oz. stout beer Guinness works great!
- 8 oz. good bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. AP flour
- 3/4 cup. cocoa powder
For the ganache:
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish, then line it with parchment paper. Grease the inside of the parchment paper as well. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, bring the beer to a boil and reduce by about 2/3. Allow to cool while you work on the rest of the recipe.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Next, beat in eggs one at a time, and finally add the beer.
- Stir the flour and cocoa in by hand, until just blended. Transfer to the baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted halfway into the middle of the pan comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Make the ganache. See link above.
- Smooth ganache over the top. Allow 15-20 minutes to set up completely
I'm the writer and photographer at PDXfoodlove.com. I love living in Portland, Oregon and the lifestyle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.