Add a little stickiness to your next party with these delicious sticky chicken wings.
By Michelle Tchea
After the latest sneak recipe from my latest book, My Little SoHo Kitchen, Creamy Hummus with Roasted Cauliflower which is totally good for you with creamy chickpeas and totally meat-free… here is my diplomatic recipe for all you meat lovers out there: Sticky Chicken Wings.
Another great appetizer, another happy family member, another new tradition…
- Chicken wings 1 kg (2 lb 3 oz)
- Garlic 5–8 cloves, peeled and chopped
- Light soy sauce 3 Tbsp
- Oyster sauce 1 Tbsp
- Sherry, Port or beer 1 Tbsp
- Ground white pepper ½ tsp
- Wash chicken wings under cold running water. Drain well.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place chicken wings in a clean bag and pour in marinade. Lightly squish the bag to coat chicken wings evenly. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a baking tray with foil and arrange chicken wings over. Reserve leftover marinade sauce.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until chicken wings are slightly charred on the outside. Pour leftover marinade over the wings and continue to bake for another 10 minutes, until chicken wings are crusty on the outside.
- Serve immediately.