For an on-the-go summer or road trip snack, whip up a batch of this slightly spicy Sriracha trail mix.
Every time we hit the road, I have a container of this Sriracha Chex Mix in the car. It’s savory and crunchy–perfect for a road trip snack!
This recipe takes regular Chex Mix up a notch with coconut oil for a touch of sweetness (butter is a-okay too!) and spicy sriracha. Even my kids gobble this mix up! I tend to make this quite often on SnapChat and people always ask for the recipe. I figured I should probably have it on my site! If you don’t own a microwave, you can easily toast this in the oven at 250º for 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups EACH: Corn Rice and Wheat squares cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- In a small pourable container or bowl, add coconut oil, sriracha, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine Chex, pretzels, peanuts and sesame sticks. Stir to combine.
- Slowly pour coconut oil mix into larger bowl. Stir to coat cereal mixture.
- Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a paper towel covered cookie sheet. Store in an air-tight container.
Ashleigh creates recipes with bold flavors the whole family can enjoy. She is a mom of 3 girls: 7 year old twins and a 4 year old. Whenever she can, she adds veggies and other ingredients help healthify her recipes. On weeknights, Ashleigh shares her quick #WhatsForDinner recipes and tips on SnapChat which followers love.