Perfect for snacking, these spicy baked sweet potato wedges are cooled off with a creamy avocado and Greek yogurt dip.
By Heather Kinnaird
These sweet potatoes are cut into thick wedges to allow for a longer baking time – this makes them extra sweet. They are then tossed with a little olive oil, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper – making them the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
Totally delicious, but when you pair the fries with avocado cream you have a snack/lunch that is in a word, ADDICTING.
- 1 large sweet potato, cleaned and cut into thick wedges
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ - ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup Greek style yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- line a baking sheet with parchment or slipat mat
- toss sweet potato wedges with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt - make sure to evenly coat each wedge
- place wedges on baking sheet
- bake 30 minutes, flip wedges, and continue to bake another 30 minutes
- serve with avocado cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until smooth, season to taste with salt, and top with extra cilantro