When it is hot, hot, hot, freeze your green smoothies to make beautiful and deliciously cool smoothie popsicles.
These healthy Green Smoothie Popsicles, with ginger, fruit, and spinach, are a fun and refreshing treat for summer (and they pack in a serving of veggies!)
Everything I love in liquid form is somehow even better in popsicle form. Like coconut water and pieces of fruit? Heck yes, throw it in a popsicle mold. Fresh orange juice? Oh, yeah. Bourbon slush? I think you know the answer. Green smoothies are no exception to this rule, and from which blossomed these beautiful green smoothie popsicles!
Unlike some folks who make their green smoothies with 100% vegetables, I like my green smoothies to taste good. So while there is a hefty handful of spinach in these pops, the majority of the delicious flavor is coming from banana, ginger, and honey.
For another popsicle idea, try these chocolate cherry yogurt pops.
Smoothie PopsiclesSarah Bond
- 1 cup milk 236 mL or dairy-free alternative
- 1 cup fresh spinach 30 g
- ¼ cup parsley 7 g
- 1 banana
- 2 kiwis
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Blend milk, spinach, and parsley until smooth. Add in the banana, 1 kiwi, honey, and ginger. Blend until smooth then taste, adding more honey if needed.
- Peel and slice the remaining kiwi, placing a slice or two into each popsicle mold.
- Pour in the green smoothie to fill each mold, then freeze until hard (at least 6 hours)
- Remove popsicles from the freezer and run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them up.
An Alaskan self-taught cook and nutritionist by trade, I love all things food and health. When I'm not exploring new ways to cook up healthy ingredients, I'm romping around the Netherlands, my new stomping grounds!