This salad is the ideal summer weather fare – it requires no heat and comes together in just a few minutes.
By Brittany Everett
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium fennel bulb, stalks & core removed, sliced very thin
- ½ medium cantaloupe, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- feta cheese, to crumble on top
- In a small bowl combine the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a larger bowl, lightly toss together the fennel, cantaloupe, jalapeño and mint. Add the salad dressing and toss to combine. Top with feta cheese.
A graphic designer by day, Brittany enjoys cooking, eating, photographing and discussing food with every other waking moment. She created Kitchenette, a food blog dedicated to making delicious comfort foods from scratch and with love.