With crispy chickpeas, smashed avocado, fresh veggies herbs and plain yogurt, this savory yogurt parfait is a feast for the eyes and the tastebuds. A delicious snack or breakfast that isn’t too sweet.
Don’t get us wrong, we like a stack of pancakes doused in syrup every once in awhile, but most mornings we don’t have much of a sweet tooth. To satisfy our savory cravings, we created this parfait layered with tomatoes, crispy chickpeas, cucumbers, plain Greek yogurt and Simply Avocado‘s Garlic and Herb flavor. Made by the same geniuses who make the delicious Wholly Guacamole, Simply Avocado takes the waiting game out of unripened avocados.
Instead of squeezing your way through a pile of avocados at the grocery store, Simply Avocado makes it easy to have fresh, smashed avocado ready whenever you need it. This wholesome, 100% avocado spread is perfect for dipping or spreading on a sandwich and comes in a few varieties of fun flavors, Sea Salt, Garlic and Herb, Roasted Red Pepper, Jalapeño Lime and Chunky Avocado. We decided to use Garlic and Herb in this parfait, but any are delicious.
Try these layers with other fun vegetables, cottage cheese instead of yogurt or even a few torn greens at the top to make it more of a salad and perfect for lunch.
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this product, but we did receive free Simply Avocado in order to create the recipe.
Savory Yogurt and Avocado Parfait
- Yield: 0 makes two small parfaits 1x
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to mato (diced)
- 1/2 of a cucumber (diced)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Simply Avocado Garlic and Herb
- 1 small garlic clove (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup crispy chickpeas
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas in oil, salt and spices.
- Bake on a parchment-lined sheet pan until crispy. About 30 minutes.
- Combine diced tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro and garlic in a bowl. Stir together and season with salt and pepper.
- Using two glasses or jars, divide yogurt, tomato-cucumber mixture, avocado, and crispy chickpeas between the two.
We also tried this with cottage cheese instead of yogurt and it was great.
Consider substituting cilantro for basil.
Add lettuce at the top or bottom for a delicious lunch.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.