This recipe can be easily adjusted for any number of people, so it’s perfect for when you’re home alone or for when you’re hosting brunch.
By Rachel Crawford
- 1 egg
- 1 miniature bell pepper
- grated jack cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off top of pepper and take out seeds and ribs.
- Place pepper on a baking sheet and crack egg into pepper.
- Top with salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until egg is done to your liking.
- Remove from over and top with basil.
Rachel is a lover of vegetables and an avid home cook. She has catered parties, participated in cook-offs, hosted elaborate supper clubs, and volunteered with Slow Food teaching elementary school kids about seasonal food and how to cook. Recently, she left her full-time job as a branding consultant to spend more time in the kitchen. Her personal blog, madeweekly.tumblr.com, focuses on one seasonal ingredient every week, with a new recipe each day. She can also be found on kitchensurfing.com, a new site that allows anyone to search for and hire personal chefs online. Rachel studied acting at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, and has lived in New York, NY for almost 12 years, which means she can officially call herself a New Yorker.