Roasted chestnuts are delicious all on their own but this faux-hummus is a fun way to experiment with the seasonal treat.
By Priya Mahadevan
- 1 cup of roasted and shelled chestnuts (about 20 nuts)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of brown roasted sesame
- 1 red chili
- salt a pinch
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a pan, add the oil and the chili first followed by all the ingredients
- Cook for a couple of minutes only until the chili turns brown
- Grind to a fine paste
- Garnish with Basil or mint (optional)
- Serve with warm bread or with a veggie platter
Priya Mahadevan is a writer and food blogger with a background in journalism & communication. Priya's mission with her food blog is to blow the myth that healthy cannot be tasty. She was a political and feature correspondent for a prominent Indian newspaper in the 90s before moving to the US. She lives in Virginia with her husband and 3 beautiful children. You can find her world of vegetarian recipes at http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com.