High in protein and gluten-free, quinoa is a delicious breakfast alternative with unlimited flavor possibilities.
By Ivana Tillich
Quinoa is a great high-protein and gluten-free alternative to common breakfasts like oatmeal or bread.
There are basically three main types: white red and black quinoa. For this recipe we used a mix of all.
- 250 g (8.8 ounces) quinoa (tricolor)
- 150 ml (5 ounces) almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup
- 1 pear
- handfull of raspberries
- ¼ tsp Maca powder by Organic Burst
- crushed coconut (for the topping)
- Let quinoa soak in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Sift out the quinoa, pull it in a cooking pot, add 150 ml almond milk and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Chop the pear into little pieces and add ½ of it to the porridge.
- Add 1 tsp agave syrup or more on demand.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the porridge in a glass or bowl with fresh raspberries and crushed coconut on top.