Try this versatile salad that makes a great side dish with Indian breads or it can be used as a stuffing in wraps and sandwiches.
By Nandita Nataraj
- Purple cabbage- 450gm, shredded
- Carrots- 2, grated
- Spring onion whites- 1tbsp, finely chopped
- Spring onion greens- 2tbsp, finely chopped
- hung curd or greek style yougurt- ½ cup
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- ½tsp
- Place the vegetables in a salad bowl and mix
- In another bowl, mix together the curds, salt, sugar, pepper, lemon and finely chopped onion
- Add this dressing to the vegetables and toss well and chill
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve.
Nandita was born, bred and spread in India, but right now lives in Tanzania where her quest for simple and exotic pleasures of food led to the creation of the blog Paaka-Shaale. She believes that food is not just a means to feed a body. But it is also meant to appeal the mind and satiate the soul.