Temperatures may be cooling off but the unique flavor combo of peach, coconut and lavender can be enjoyed all year round, just store some peaches in the freezer.
By Natasha Steinberg
- 6-8 oz sliced and peeled peaches
- 1 15-oz can full fat coconut milk
- 50 g (1/4 cup) raw sugar
- 1 tsp dried lavender
- Place peaches in a saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook peaches until they begin to break down and release their juices, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place coconut milk and raw sugar in a saucepan and set over low heat.
- Whisk until sugar has dissolved then whisk in lavender. Keep warm over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep 15 minutes. Feel free to steep longer for a more intensely floral.
- Strain coconut milk into a large bowl. Add cooked peaches (including some of the juice) and stir to distribute.
- Transfer to a glass measuring cup or other bowl with a lip and slowly pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze until firm, about three hours (depending on size of molds).
- Run the popsicle under warm water for a few seconds to allow the pops to remove easily.
Natasha is a love-and-matriarch-taught maker of sweet things. She is passionate about using local and seasonal ingredients and making simple, satisfying sweets that make even the least of sweet tooths swoon. Although she is a native Texan, she currently resides in Atlanta where she is finishing up law school and documenting her sweet adventures through photos, recipes, and stories on her blog at tartletsweets.blogspot.com.