PARTNER POST: Discover how delicious dairy-free sweet and savory cooking can be with DREAM Ultimate Almond.
Grab those ripe summer peaches and make this easy peaches and cream fried rice dessert made with made dairy-free with almond beverage instead of milk or cream.
This dessert is quick, good for you and big on flavor. Summer is here, peaches are looking good and between my love for almond milk and my need to use up that leftover rice in the fridge, it all came together in this easy and tasty dessert, Peaches and Cream Fried Rice.
By using Dream Ultimate Almond in this recipe, it has made a great dairy free dessert option for my son that deals with sensitivities. Even though he isn’t full on allergic to dairy, I find that his allergic reactions are lessened when I limit his dairy intake. Cue the almonds!
The benefits of almonds seem to be endless, but if like me, you’ve tried some not so nice almond milk, then you really need to try Dream Ultimate Almond. It’s not watery at all, but rich and creamy. It’s big on taste and loaded with four times more California almonds, that’s a sizable 20g of almonds in each glass, and all of those extra almonds benefit you by giving you a hefty 5g of plant-based protein per serving!
If you are looking for a lactose, dairy and gluten free product that delivers quality and flavor, this is it. What sets this drink apart is that it has four times the the amount of California almonds in every cup and for me, that pretty much so means “pour me a tall glass, thank you”.
The new DREAM Ultimate Almond beverage can be found now at Whole Foods and soon at your local Sprouts. Click here for a coupon.
For more inspiration, check out this grilled Caesar salad with a dairy-free dressing:
- 1 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup cooked Rice I like to use Jasmine rice
- 2 cups fresh Peaches peeled and diced
- 2 Tbls Honey
- ½ cup Dream Ultimate Almond any flavor but I like to use the Vanilla flavor
- Slivered or Sliced Almonds to garnish if desired
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the Butter then add the cooked rice.
- Stir the rice to coat with the butter.
- Keep stirring the rice to prevent from burning and add in the Peaches and Honey, mixing in well and cooking for about 3 - 5 minutes. If desired you can use the back of a fork to gently mash some of the softened peaches. The rice will take on a beautiful peachy pink hue.
- Add in the Dream Ultimate Almond, stirring to incorporate well. Cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes, liquid will be reduced and will be mostly absorbed by the rice. At this point, if you prefer it to be creamier, you can add up to an additional ½ cup of the Dream Ultimate Almond until you have the desired consistency.
- Serve warm or cold, garnish with sliced or slivered Almonds if desired.
A Southern girl with a taste for travel, Stacey takes inspiration from her global pantry and cooks with a sense of adventure. Now she’s raising her three young children to appreciate a wide world of food, even if she doesn’t always tell them exactly what they’re eating. Stacey is the food photographer, writer and creator of Little Figgy Food. She's also addicted to coffee. Addicted to olives. Fairly obsessed with dark chocolate.