PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a winter crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Quick, easy, and perfect for entertaining these parmesan and artichoke crostini are the perfect winter bite.
Can we toast to 2016? Another year is coming to a close, and the best way to celebrate is to gather with friends and reminisce about the year in review.
We have laughed, welcomed new loves, embraced new lives, adventured widely, seen chapters close, and experienced loss. We have seen tragedies, disagreed over passionate topics, trained harder and gotten better. All of these moments shared together as we look towards the new possibilities of a fresh start.
I have always found the New Year to come at a hard time of year, in the cold of winter when the days are bleak and the nights too long. It can be suffocating and depressing. It’s hard to look to all of the good when the skies are hanging low and gray. But, maybe that’s when we most needed it. A boost of positive thought to re-direct the negativity and remind us the best is yet to come.Here’s a quick and easy app that will leave you plenty of time to continue celebrating with friends. These Easy Parmesan Artichoke Bites come together in under 20 minutes and are a hit with everyone. They pair perfectly with a crisp white wine, like
Here’s a quick and easy app that will leave you plenty of time to continue celebrating with friends. These Easy Parmesan Artichoke Bites come together in under 20 minutes and are a hit with everyone. They pair perfectly with a crisp white wine, like Cavit’s Pinot Grigio, allowing you to save the bold reds for the main course and make entertaining stress free.
For another easy holiday appetizer, try these lamb bites. Recipe here.
- Author: Kita Roberts
- 1 baguette (sliced)
- 2 – 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts (rinsed, drained and sliced into halves or quarters if needed)
- 2 – 3 tbs mayo
- 1/4 lbs ham (sliced thin)
- 2 oz parmesan cheese (shredded)
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the baguette slices over the foil. Rub both sides with olive oil.
- Bake the slices until just toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and carefully flip.
- Smear a bit of mayo on each slice, a small fold of ham, an artichoke quarter and top with parmesan cheese, pressing gently. Repeat for each of the baguette slices.
- Return the tray to the oven and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer, when the cheese is starting to brown.
- Serve warm.
- Category: Appetizer