These mini pear pies are perfect for the holiday table.
I love warm desserts as much as sipping lattes in the fall. The house smells amazing when there’s something sweet baking in the oven. Our Saturdays are usually filled with adventures and we’d be gone for most of the day. During this time of year, we’ll take the kids to farms for pumpkin and apple picking. Sundays, on the other hand, are dedicated to morning snuggles, staying in, cooking and possibly baking pies.
My husband usually bakes traditional apple pies with the kids but today, I made something a little different. These Mini Pear Pies keep its pear shape and is the perfect portion for each person. The best part? They are actually really simple to make!
Once the pear pies have cooled slightly (but still warm), serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this little food post. I think these Mini Pear Pies would be great for holiday gatherings, don’t you think?!
- Puff Pastry
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel and cut pears in half. Core pears to remove seeds.
- Sprinkle pears with a cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Lightly roll out puff pastry on the floured surface.
- Cover each pear with puff pastry. Trim excess. Use extra puff pastry to form leaves.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F. Allow to cool.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla and chopped pecans.