The fresh taste of orange combined with the full taste of chicken, what a treat. So easy to make yet looks so good on the plate.
By Maya Moscovich
Citrus fruits always remind me of winter. Growing up in Israel I remember going with my dad to the orange orchard and picking oranges, putting them in my sweater and carrying them home. Thinking back, I’m pretty sure it was a privately owned orchard but we had fun anyway. I love how citrus fruits always add lightness and freshness to any dish so I figured I may as well use it for our chicken dinner. I had some chicken thighs and half an orange in the fridge, leftovers from the kids’ school snack, and that’s how this dish was born.
- 6 Chicken Thighs – Boneless and Skinless
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 Garlic Clove – Minced
- ½ Orange – Peeled and Cubed
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, mustard, water and garlic. Set aside.
- Cube the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken in a small Pyrex (heat resistant) dish or in a deep baking pan.
- Pour the sauce mix over the chicken and stir in the oranges.
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the foil and continue cooking in the oven for additional 15 minutes.