SPONSORED POST: We’re celebrating the rest of summer with recipes and wines from Beaujolais that will usher us into fall in delicious style. Be sure to enter below for a chance to win the ultimate picnic set!
These easy, succulent mushroom and beef kabobs are perfect for a backyard BBQ, especially this Labor Day weekend. Pair them with a Beaujolais red wine for a delicious meal.
Do you love kabobs? We sure do! I’m not sure what it is about food on a stick, but it’s always so much more delicious. I really love making kabobs because they are so simple and cook so quickly. Perfect for a hungry crowd.
We love to entertain out in our backyard. With the weather still so nice out, it’s my favorite place to be. Who wouldn’t want to make a bunch of party food like dips, hors ‘d oeuvres & grilled favorites like kabobs to enjoy with good company? We keep it simple with foods like kabobs because people can take a little or a lot and it’s easy to pick and choose to fit your taste. Plus these mushroom and beef kabobs only have to marinate for about 10 minutes before adding to the skewer. The whole process only takes about 30 minutes. So you can grill and then get back to your guests with very little prep time. That’s a win in my book.
Of course, we love serving a little wine with the meal. We chose a Beaujolais wine because it’s so versatile and comes in red, white and rosé. I love that the red appeals to white wine drinkers making it well-rounded. This Beaujolais Villages, Georges Duboeuf, 2015 is quite light for a red and is oh so perfect with these kabobs. Sure makes it easy because I know that everyone will love it and I can stick to one wine to serve throughout the night.
We like to keep it casual and low key because isn’t that what summer is all about? Good food, good company and really good wine. You can’t beat that! It’s those things that I miss the most as we start heading into fall.
Enter to win a wine picnic set valued at $119! OR Enter to win on the Instagram post.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds lean beef round or chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12-16 mushroom caps
- boiling water
- Mix oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Pour into a zip-close bag and add beef cubes.
- Seal bag & refrigerate 10 min
- When ready to cook, preheat grill.
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the mushrooms & let stand a few minutes.
- Drain mushrooms & thread onto skewers, alternating between marinated meat & mushrooms.
- Grill over hot coals for 5-7 minutes with lid down.
- Turn skewers and grill for 5-7 more minutes with lid up.