A healthy and delicious multicolor salad with wild rocket and tasty dark tiger tomatoes.
By Marta Nadales
I love tomatoes, good tomatoes, tomatoes that smell like a real tomato. Nowadays, it’s getting more and more difficult to find organic good quality tomatoes in Spain – yes, in Spain, the land of the Mediterranean diet, the land of delicious fresh vegetables… Ironically sad, isn’t it?- One can find hundreds of beautiful perfect tomatoes that taste… nothing at all. It’s so frustrating!
Fortunately, a few months ago I found a tiny shop in my neighborhood selling real smell-and-taste-like tomatoes. The best of all is that you can taste them before you buy them, isn’t it great? It’s my favourite tomato shop ever.
A few days ago I went there and tried some delicious dark tiger tomatoes, so yummy!! Therefore, despite the cold weather these days I decided to treat myself with a multicolor salad so as to eat my beautiful tomatoes. The perfect way to go back to work this 2013 with a smile!
- 2 big organic dark tiger tomatoes
- 100g wild rocket
- 2 cups multicolor pasta
- a can of small artichoke hearts
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Old Style Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons apple vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Boil the pasta in salty water for 8-10mins until 'al dente'. Drain.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Wash the wild rocket and dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and sprinkle the oregano. Mix well.
- Prepare the dressing putting the oil, vinegar, mustard and salt in a small jar. Put the lid on and shake well.
- Add the dressing to the salad, mix and serve.