Buca di Beppo, the celebrated chain of Italian-American restaurants, renowned for its lively ambiance and generous servings of delectable cuisine meant for communal indulgence shares their famous meatball recipe with us.
Established in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1993, Buca di Beppo has burgeoned to over 100 locations worldwide, offering patrons an authentic taste of Italian gastronomy.
The menu boasts a diverse selection of classic Italian fare, including pasta, pizza, salads, and seafood, alongside signature dishes such as chicken Parmesan and lasagna. Embracing the values of conviviality and family, Buca di Beppo encourages communal dining with its generous portions, perfect for sharing amongst loved ones.
Buca di Beppo’s famous Italian meatballs are a must-try for lovers of classic Italian cuisine. Made from high quality beef, and served in a tangy marinara sauce, these mouth-watering meatballs are a highlight of the restaurant’s menu. And now, you can make them in your own kitchen!Print
Buca di Beppo’s Famous Meatball Recipe
Here’s how to make Buca Di Beppo’s famous recipe at home.
- Author: Buca di Beppo
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Italian
- Cuisine: Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (preferably Italian)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 8 ounces of water
- 32 ounces of authentic marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 7 ingredients and mix thoroughly. (Do not over mix – this will cause the meatballs to become tough.)
- Divide into equal portions and shape into 6 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake until a dark brown crust forms, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a Dutch oven.
- Combine marinara sauce and water, and pour over the meatballs.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until meatballs are cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Place the meatballs on a platter.
- Skim the oil from the top of the marinara and ladle it over the meatballs.
Alyssa Holder is a writer specializing in food and travel topics since 2015.
Is the water mixed in with the 1st 6 ingredients as the recipe says? If so how much water is mixed into the marinara sauce before baking?
Yes I would also like to know if the water is in the meatballs or just added to the marinara for cooking
Water is with the sauce. Salt and pepper are 2 ingredients.