This crowd-pleasing dip can be put together the night before and easily transported to a party or pulled out to snack on during the game.
By Sherron Watson
- 6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- 2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 4-6 jalapeno's, chopped and deseeded. The seeds will make it fiery hot.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish. The size of the dish depends on how thick the dip is. The thicker the dip the longer it may need to warm up. I used this stoneware dish that is round and measures 12 inches across. My dip is usually about an inch thick.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
- Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Sherron Watson is a writer and photographer. Her passion for food started at a young age while working with her family in their restaurant business. A career in photography gave her the experience she needed to start capturing images of her favorite dishes. This led to the creation of her blog: simply-gourmet.com. She is currently a food writer for Capital Style Magazine in Annapolis, MD.