Try this simple Italian-style potato recipe with swiss chard, chili pepper flakes, and a tasty garlic dressing that doesn’t require ANY mayonaisse for once!
By Patricia Conte
Ready-made potato salads have a bad wrap. Many of those store-bought potato salads are in a tub swimming in mayonaisse that is often too mustardy or Italian-style potato saladquestionably yellow. Instead, try this Italian-style potato salad recipe that doesn’t call for ANY mayo, yet it’s still hearty with all the flavor.
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- 1 small bunch of Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut potatoes (skin on) into 1 1/2- to 2-inch chunks. Add to boiling water and cook until tender but still firm. Drain well.
- Tear Swiss chard (including stem) into large pieces. Place in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into a colander to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, Swiss chard and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss. Add salt and toss again. Refrigerate until chilled.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.