Add two stellar cookbooks to your collection by Italian author Veronica Lavenia. From beautifully rustic cakes to creating the classic panini, this is Italian cuisine at its finest.
Born and raised in Italy, Veronica has spent her life traveling the country from north to south discovering ingredients and becoming one with her beautiful cuisine. Her first cookbook, Panini: Simple Tastes of Italian-Style Bread, showcases classic Italian sandwiches. Read more here.
This past year, Veronica is excited to debut yet another user-friendly publication.The Rustic Italian Bakery does exactly what a traditional Italian bakery tucked into a quiet street would do for your palate, only this time you are able to experience it in your own kitchen. Without using refined or over-processed ingredients, the book keeps things sweetly simple.
Accompanying each recipe is a background including history of the traditional baked good and what it should be enjoyed with. Check out the recipe below for a classic ciambella cake and be sure to enter to wine a copy for yourself.
Classic Ciambella CakeVeronica Lavenia
- 100 g 3½ oz raw honey
- 75 ml 3 fl oz mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml (3½ fl oz) cold-pressed sunflower oil)
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp organic “Bourbon” vanilla powder
- 4 tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 100 g 3½ oz white rice flour, sifted
- 200 g 7 oz white Farro flour, sifted
- 15 g ½ oz organic baking powder
- 4 tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together the honey and the olive oil. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add the salt and vanilla powder. Pour in the yogurt and continue to mix.
- Add the flours and the baking powder, mixing well to combine all the ingredients. Add the warm water.
- Pour the batter into an oiled and floured doughnut cake pan. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until done in the center.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.