Sponsored Post: We’ve partnered with North Coast Organics, makers of delicious apple products, to bring you fun recipes ideas for the coming season. Their apple sauces, vinegars, juices and ciders are made with only U.S. grown apples. You’re sure to taste the difference!
These Apple Sauce Crepes with Honey Ricotta are made with cinnamon crepes, North Coast Organic Apple Sauce, organic ricotta and raw honey. These crepes are super delicious and healthy at the same time. A perfect option for a school lunch or even an afternoon snack.
I know it sounds surreal but the school year is approaching…. fast! I know many of you can relate to this sensation of excitement and nervousness at the same time as we prepare our little people for a new academic year. For me it’s particularly profound as one of my sons is reading for Kindergarten. Frankly, I have no idea how this has happened. I feel like he was just born the other day…
Anyhow, while he’s a very fussy eater, he does like apple sauce a lot. So I typically throw a cup or a pouch of super healthy, organic apple sauce onto his daily menu (thank you North Coast for all the supplies!).
My son also really likes honey – hence this idea of honey ricotta with organic apple sauce as the sweet filling for my crepes.
When you make these apple sauce crepes, you can fold them up like a burrito and then send with your kids to school for a healthy and delicious lunch. Or you could also just roll them up and serve them when your little student returns from the trenches at school, exhausted and hungry. These crepes for sure will give them the fuel to survive the post-school day.
For over 90 years, North Coast has been making delicious, wholesome products while preserving agricultural traditions of its community. North Coast sources fruit of exceptional flavor and quality from responsible organic farmers who use just simple ingredients: water, earth and air.
When you purchase North Coast’s products, you can be sure that what you are eating is:
- 100% Organic certified
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Using only USA-grown apples
- Cleanly produced, with about 50% by solar energy
- BPA-Free certified
- Fresh pressed, never from concentrate
- No added sugar, no preservatives
- KSA Kosher certified
North Coast’s Apple Sauce flavors options include:
To tangy apple apricot;
Apple with berries;
Even pumpkin spice apple.
The apple sauce is packaged in cups, jars and even convenient pouches (which are perfect for school lunch boxes or for a healthy snack on the go). Personally, I don’t need any more convincing than that. I’m confident that what I’m giving my kids is of the best quality.
And here’s something very exciting….North Coast is hosting a great giveaway where you can win a $250 gift card. Head over to their Facebook page here to find out all the details.
Once your crepes are all fried up and you’ve added apple sauce and honey ricotta to them, you can either simply roll them up (version 1, above) or fold them like a burrito (version 2, above). Folding them like a burrito will probably work best for lunch boxes and rolling could be a good option for a pre-made stay at home lunch, or afternoon snack.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- ¾ cups Whole Milk (or 2%)
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp Butter melted + more for brushing the skillet
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- teaspoon Vanilla
- teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups North Coast Organic Apple Sauce
- 2 cups Organic Ricotta
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey + more for drizzling
- Melt the butter and then let it cool off;
- In a blender combine all the batter ingredients and process on high until smooth;
- Place batter in a fridge for ½ hour;
- Heat up non-stick skillet;
- Brush it with butter;
- Pour one ladle of batter onto the skillet and swirl around to cover all bottom of the skillet with crepe batter;
- Cook it for approximately 1 minute, then flip it to briefly cook opposite side; Continue with the remaining batter;
- In a bowl, combine ricotta & honey and mix well;
- Once all the crepes are cooked, assemble them with filling;
- First add 2 tablespoon of your mixed honey ricotta, then 2 tablespoon of North Coast Organic Apple Sauce and then fold crepes;
- Once all the crepes are finished you can drizzle them with more honey.