PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
These fennel pancakes are made soft and fluffy with ricotta and are stuffed with sweet strawberry preserves.
Mother’s Day is round the corner and I’m excited! Moms work hard for their families every day and it’s always sweet to surprise her with breakfast in bed so she can relax and take it easy for a change. My kids and the hubs have spoiled me crazy on Mother’s Day almost every year. It’s always great to see their excitement for their efforts and fills me with so much gratitude. I look forward to my kids’ sweet cards and poems too! This time around we’re planning to do a 5K Mother’s Day Walk in support of March of Dimes followed by lunch and I’m looking forward to it!
I’m glad to be partnering with Bonne Maman for a special Mother’s Day Breakfast in bed recipe using their delicious strawberry preserves that’s perfect for whipping up something magical for us moms. While my mom is miles away from me, I can totally imagine her enjoying her breakfast in bed with these scrumptious stuffed pancakes using Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves that are perfectly decadent and fluffy with fennel and ricotta.
Bonne Maman preserves are my favorite mainly for the fact that taste like homemade and they’re free from preservatives and artificial flavors. The flavors are fantastic and they’re made in with the same time-honored traditional French recipes used to create the brand. They’re perfect for my Stuffed pancakes oozing out and adding their sweet fruity goodness in every bite.
I came up with the idea of using fennel in this recipe reminiscing my mom’s Indian style pancakes called Pua that uses fennel and banana. They’re out of this world and the fennel works well with the ricotta for this recipe.The process is fairly simple and its just a matter of mixing all the ingredients to make a batter. The egg whites are then folded in carefully that makes these pancakes light and airy.Once its in the pan the strawberry preserve is added and covered with a small amount of batter and cooked to perfection until all fluffy with slightly golden edges.The fennel imparts a lovely sweet aroma and flavor to these pancakes and its what special breakfasts’ are made of!Enjoy and a very happy Mother’s Day to you all!
Enter to WIN in this Bonne Maman giveaway ever! Click the image below.
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bonne Maman Strawberry preserves
- Whisk flour, fennel seeds, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ricotta and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Beat the egg whites with a handheld electric mixer until stiff.
- Stir a tbsp of the egg whites into the pancake batter to lighten the batter, then fold in the remaining whites with a spatula.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Melt a small bit of butter in the pan, just enough to coat the surface. Use a ¼-cup measure to pour batter onto the hot griddle.
- Spoon a tbsp of the strawberry preserve in the center and pour a small amount of batter just to cover it.
- Cook the pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, until the undersides are golden and you see a few bubbles popping through the pancakes. Flip the pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve them immediately with powdered sugar, maple syrup and some fresh strawberries.