Made with three different nuts for the perfect consistency, this homemade triple nut butter is simple to throw together in your food processor.
While testing some breakfast cookie recipes yesterday I ran out of almond butter. Needless to say, I whipped out my food processor and got to work. Any nut butter is truly so simple to make and I’m a huge fan of controlling what ingredients go into my food so this one is super clean and oh so tasty, with the help of a simple tip listed in the recipe below. I hope you enjoy!
Homemade Triple Nut ButterRobin Runner
- 3 cups of nuts your choice I used raw walnuts, almonds and cashews. Pecans, pepitas or sunflower seeds also work beautifully too!
- 1 tsp Celtic or himalayan salt
- Medjool date
- maple syrup
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place a single layer of your nuts onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until fragrant and lightly golden. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Place the cooled nuts into your food processor and blend for about one and a half minutes. The mixture should be creamy (if you want chunkier, check after 45 seconds). If you’re adding salt or any other mix-ins, add and blend again quickly.
- Store in an airtight glass container in your pantry. Enjoy!
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.