Beloved NYC bar maven Kenta Goto is the owner and Beverage Director of the World’s #83 Best Bar 2022, Bar Goto on NYC’s LES, and sister concept in Brooklyn’s Prospect Heights, Bar Goto Niban.
This holiday cocktail is based on a whisky hot toddy but presented with a Japanese twist––very representative of Kenta. Yuzu is an aromatic Japanese citrus harvested in the winter in Japan. According to Kenta, people often throw an entire yuzu in a bath for a fragrant and luxurious soak. Enjoy a serving of yuzu marmalade on a small spoon for the perfect hot toddy pairing. And finish with yuzu bitters to relish in the yuzu aroma.
Yuzu Hot Toddy by Kenta Goto
- 1 Tea Cup
- 2 tsp lemon
- 4 tsp honey syrup
- 1/2 oz Gin (Beefeater)
- 1 oz Shochu (Mizu-Barley)
- 2 oz water
- Yuzu bitters
- Yuzu Marmalade for garnish
- Combine lemon, honey syrup, gin, shochu, and water in a tin
- Prepare a pot of gently boiling water
- Place the tin in the hot water and heat up, remove tin when the contents just start to simmer
- Pour into tea cup
- Add 1 drop yuzu bitters onto the drink for aroma
- Serve with a side plate of yuzu marmalade and spoon
I enjoy listening to the stories of the people who devote their time to fill our stomachs with scrumptious food. And of course, experiencing and sharing my thoughts on the cuisines that span across the world.