Miracle is a Christmas-themed pop-up cocktail bar that serves holiday cocktails in a festive setting. With kitschy holiday décor, professionally-developed cocktails and the nostalgic energy of the best office party you’ve ever been to, Miracle’s goal is to get even the grouchiest grinch in the holiday spirit.
Every year at Miracle, the Jingle Balls Nog is, without a doubt, a fan-favorite holiday cocktail. This year’s version features cognac, sherry, vanilla, and nutmeg and will quickly have you belting all the Christmas carols. The Jingle Balls Nog will surpass expectations just like this Trinidad rum cake, which features similar notes of sherry and cognac. With the right hit of alcohol and sweetness, a glass of this chilled nog will quickly become a cherished drink and now one you can make in the comfort of your home.
Miracle's Jingle Balls Nog
- 25-30 6oz holiday mug
- 750 ml Cognac (Pierre Ferrand 1840)
- 750 ml sherry (Harvey’s Bristol Cream)
- 72 fl oz almond milk, unsweetened
- 50 fl oz heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups sugar, white
- 24 large eggs
- 12 drops almond extract
- 16 drops vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp nutmeg, ground
- freshly grated nutmeg (to garnish)
- In a large pot or container, beat eggs, nutmeg, and sugar with a hand mixer until smooth and sugar is fully incorporated and dissolved.
- Add almond milk and mix again.
- In a separate pot or container, aerate the heavy whipping cream using a hand mixer (do not whip to any thickness).
- Add that to the original egg mixture and mix to combine all ingredients.
- Add sherry, cognac, and extracts. Mix again and refrigerate.
- Re-blend or shake the batch each time before serving.
- Garnish each serving with freshly grated nutmeg.
I enjoy listening to the stories of the people who devote their time to fill our stomachs with scrumptious food. And of course, experiencing and sharing my thoughts on the cuisines that span across the world.