SPONSORED STORY – BROUGHT TO YOU BY CASTELLO ALPS SELECTION
Mushrooms are almost the perfect companion for the Castello Alps Selection Hirten Cheese.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 150 g fresh, mixed mushrooms, whole, halved and sliced
- ?¼ tsp kitchen salt
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 50 g Castello Alps Selection Hirten, small pieces
- Toasted Ciabatta bread.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and combine pesto with the mushrooms.
- Serve the warm mushrooms together with cheese and toasted bread.
Win a Castello Alps Selection cheese tasting for you and your friends – enter below!
This article is part of Castello Moments, a collaboration between Honest Cooking and Arla Foods USA.
Castello® Bavarian Alps Selection is made from cows that live a life of privilege, grazing on Alpine grasses and herbs high up in the mountains during summer. Come fall, they are paraded back to warm homes and milked with care in a centuries-old tradition. Time-honoured recipes turn their distinctive, herb-infused milk into delicious cheeses that will transport you and everyone you share them with to a Bavarian mountain high. Castello® is proud to share these unique cheeses with you.