There’s almost nothing that vamps up a piece of bread like some herbed butter.
By Priya Sreeram
What is it about flavored butter that gives your bread an extra pep? Butter, the omnipresent breakfast ingredient need not always be monotonous and routine. Making your own batch of this dip is not only easy but adds oomph to the dining table.
Use it to add zing to sandwiches, spread it on a toasted bread/indian flat bread, enjoy soup-sticks with a liberal glob, tip it in gravy or bite in to grilled & charred veggies with a dash of this creamy delight, it is sure to whet your appetite.
Go ahead and indulge.
- Butter - 100 grams (softened)
- Cream Cheese - 50 grams (softened)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves - a few sprigs - finely chopped
- Mint leaves - a few - finely chopped
- Lemon juice -1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 pod - minced
- Pepper Powder - to taste
- Beat together butter & cream cheese till they are fluffy & light.
- Tip in coriander leaves,mint,lemon juice & garlic.
- Grind in fresh peppercorn powder to taste & give it a good mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for atleast 20-25 minutes.
- Serve as you wish.
Priya is an enthusiastic foodie who loves to experiment with different types of cuisine. She chronicles her heart and hearth adventures on the blog Bon Appetit, which has recipes ranging from simple to exotic.