A vegan and gluten free bread with an earthy flavor and a hint of rosemary and olive oil. Enjoy sliced with apples and basil.
By Ambra Torelli
One of the hardest parts of following a gluten-free diet is giving up those fluffy, crisp loaves of bread. As a kid, my dad would spread his mouthwatery peach jam over those warm, golden slices of bread for breakfast.
Unfortunately, wheat bread is no good for a gluten-free body, so I created this recipe, that is gluten-free and still delicious. Its hint of herbs and olive oil match with the fresh aroma of the apples and basil I like to savor it with, brings me back to my Italy… I eat it and can almost hear the crickets singing!Print
Gluten Free Rustic Loaf
- Author: Ambra Torelli
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Put all the different flours and the Psyllium in a bowl, together with salt, rosemary, and chopped walnuts.
- Peel the potato and grate half of it on top of your mixture. Lastly add Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and stir well.
- Once all the ingredients are well amalgamated, add some lukewarm water little by little and starts kneading with your hands until you get a ball of dough which is moist and elastic.
- Put your bread in a casserole to help leavening and bake at 195 C for 40 minutes.
Enjoy it topped with some thin slices of Pink Lady Apples and some fresh leaves of basil.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
Born and raised in Italy, Ambra is a healthy recipe developer, food and travel writer with a passion for healthy living and wellness. She is the founder of 'Little Bites of Beauty" and the author of the cookbooks "Healthy Italian Desserts Made Simple" and "The AIP Italian Cookbook". She shares her daily food & travel adventures on her Instagram @LittleBitesofBeauty